Friday, September 27, 2013

Evan Dando, style

"A Public Service Announcement followed me home the other day..."

Too often I reflect on the idea that I don't "suffer fools." It's true to a point, but not accurate, as I myself am a fool. When you look for quotes or famous lines about fools or foolishness, it's typically something that suggests that fools are those who talk too much and/or have nothing meaningful (or of any value) to say. Instead, these 'fools' ramble, babble, and drone on about whatever they choose without enlightening or adding anything to a conversation. I can do that quite well. I have, as the saying goes...diarrhea of the mouth. (Not a pleasant visual, is it?)

But those aren't the fools I can't suffer. It's the change-averse, the status quo, and the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' crowd that drive me mad. These are the fools I can't suffer and lately it's become increasingly harder to keep quiet about it. (hence this blog post) 

"broadcast me a joyful noise, into the times, Lord..."

Maybe I need to steer the ship into a different direction. I'm not going to affect change just whining about it, and I'm sure as hell not making it any easier by wallowing in self-pity. Maybe I should get stoned? Nah...


Don't wanna get stoned
Don't wanna get stoned
But I don't wanna not get stoned
I don't wanna not get stoned

Don't wanna get high
I don't wanna get high
But I don't wanna not get high
And I don't wanna not get stoned

Wanna knock things down
I'm not gonna knock things down
But I don't wanna not get stoned
So I'm not gonna not knock things down

Don't wanna think twice
I don't have to think twice
But I'm not gonna get high
I I'm not gonna get stoned

Style-The Lemonheads (Come On Feel)

No comments:

Post a Comment